- Written by stazge
Year 2020 resolution will never ever be broken by you for the sake of yourself and for your loved ones.
World’s 1st Practical Goal Setting video course is here (click here).
The Importance Of Goal Setting
To achieve goals, you first have to set them.
It’s much like driving to a destination; if you don’t determine where you are going, how are you going to get there?
If you aren’t committed to setting goals, then you can wander around aimlessly in your actions, believing that you are getting closer to the goals you want when in reality, you are wasting time and energy that could be better utilized if you set the goal ahead of time.
Setting the goal before attempting to achieve it is important because it gives you a clear idea of what actions and steps you’ll need to take in order to achieve that goal.
Setting a goal can help you to break down the goal into more manageable steps and see what actions you need to take in order to achieve that goal.
Many goals that seem impossible to achieve on the surface are actually quite doable when you actually set the goal and really look at what steps are needed to achieve it.
Short-Term Vs Long-Term Goals
A short-term goal is a step or accomplishment that helps to bring you closer to your long-term goal.
It’s important when setting lofty long-term goals that you break down the goal into smaller steps or stages that enable you to set short-term goals.
You can attain short-term goals more quickly than long-term goals.
Setting short-term goals is important is because it helps to give you additional momentum toward achieving your long-term goals.
Effective Goals Are Always Written
When you write down a goal, you are actually committing to it; it’s not as easy to make excuses over why you’re not making as much progress as you expected.
When you write down a goal (whether you have it on a piece of paper or in a text file), it’s always right there to remind you of it and boost your motivation and determination to achieve it.
Much harder to dismiss a piece of paper or a Notepad file than it is to just move the goal to the far reaches of your mind and not think about it.
Writing down your goal can also lead you to breaking down the goal into more manageable parts.
Define Your Goals
A goal is a desired result or achievement you want to reach.
You need to decide what you want to achieve in your life.
You need to decide what you want to be remembered for and what actions in your life you want to do to reach this goal.
What really matters to you? Family? Career? Environment? Wealth? Something else?
Once you know what drives you and what matters to you, you’ll have a better idea of what goals you want to achieve in your lifetime.
Prioritize Your Goals
Need to prioritize your goals because you will not live forever.
Need to prioritize your goals because if you get a sudden, incurable illness or condition, you may not be able to pursue your goals after that point.
Need to prioritize your short-term goals first because you will need to reach them first in order to obtain your long-term goals.
We want the long-term goals the most, but they are virtually unattainable if we don’t accomplish the short-term goals first.
Set Specific Goal Deadlines
By not writing down goals, you can’t analyze what it will take to reach those goals, nor reasonably estimate how long the long-term will take to be reached.
- Writing down goals enables you to break down the goal into more manageable tasks.
- Determine how long you want to take to reach your long-term goal.
- Then, based on the time period to reach your long-term goal, divide that period up to reach all of the short-term goals you need to reach to attain your long-term goal.
- If you want to attain a long-term goal in a specific amount of time, then you know the time period you have to achieve all of the short-term goals needed to be obtained to attain the long-term goal in that time period.
- You can break down exactly how long you need to attain each short-term goal in order to obtain the long-term goal in the time period you specify.
- If you fall behind on attaining any of the short-term goals in the set time periods, you will not achieve your long-term goal in the time period you set.
- Knowing how to improve and complete more of your goals in less time will lead to more fulfillment, a better legacy, and more opportunities for achievement, wealth, and satisfaction.
With this wishing you and your loved ones a very healthy, happy and successful New year 2020.
Please remember to never ever break your resolution and goals this 2020 specially related to health, happiness and your success for you and for your loved ones.